Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Worsssst Nightmare

Tonight, as I innocently browsed Facebook, I saw that my neighbor, sweet Mrs. Miller, posted this
Apparently this is what greeted them when they returned home tonight.

This is not cool.

Of course I know that snakes live here and can be quite prevalent. But, I choose to put this out of my mind. I choose to not think about it therefore, I don't have to freak out about letting Addie crawl around the yard or worry about something dropping from a tree or slithering out from under a plant as I water my flowers and garden.

It is one thing when other people tell me that they have seen snakes in their yards, but yet another when said yard is within shouting distance. And the door this snake is hanging out over is one that I have been in and out of.

Now, if you are from Wewa and are reading this, please don't feel at liberty to tell me that I've probably passed by snakes many times without seeing them in my own yard, that they probably slither their way through my grass as I slumber, that even this particular snake may have been or may even currently be in my yard. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to believe it.

Let me live in my cocoon of disbelief as long as possible. Please.

Today I am thankful that I was not the one who came home to find that snake, or any other snake, over my door.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

I will tell you something encouraging. I have seen less snakes living here in Wewa then any other place I've lived in Florida. In fact, I have never seen one in my house and can't even remember seeing one in my yard. Honest truth.