Friday, May 7, 2010

More Visitors

Snakes, ants, spiders, lizards...turtles.

Sigh. Does it end with the visiting creatures? This one wasn't so bad and Addie loved touching his shell. I, on the other hand, was less than thrilled with her little fingers near the turtle's mouth.




I learned tonight that this "he" turtle is probably actually a she turtle. Our infamous Mr. Miller was over and said she was probably looking for a place to lay her eggs. Sadly, he added that some "varmint" (his word) would probably get to the eggs before they even had a chance. Poor eggs. Knowing there could be eggs in our rose bed does make me curious enough to want to go out there and check. But, not without strong sunlight to shed some light on other creatures I might come across. Yes, that was me you heard when I went outside the other night and shrieked when I almost stepped on a frog. Call me over sensitive, but all of this snake business has me on high alert.

Speaking of, Mr. Miller did say tonight that snakes like the sunshine, so the chances of me running across one at night say, when I'm watering my garden, are slim. Still, little comfort that offers as the afternoon is prime playtime for Addie. Again, sigh.

Today I am thankful for Sabian and Addie who have kicked off Mother's Day weekend with some sweet gestures. I am looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

No comments: