Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day 2010 Wrap Up

Mother's Day - it was a good one. In fact, the whole weekend was nice.

I started out by heading to the beach Friday morning. It had been a while since I had made my regular weekly sanity visits so a couple of hours with just me, my beach chair, a book and some sunscreen was well overdue.

The weather was pretty much perfect.

Later that afternoon we headed out to have some family pictures taken. We haven't had any professional photos taken since Addie was born and I was ready. The thing is, they are usually so expensive and we've taken so many pictures on our own there really hasn't been a need other than to get someone else's perspective and, well, professionalism. But, the prices always were a turn off. For Mother's Day I found a local guy who was offering a great deal, one that we couldn't pass up. So, that was what I wanted for Mother's Day. They aren't up yet and I am so anxious to see them. I'll share them when they're ready!

The rest of the weekend was just...relaxing. We spent some time with some friends and had some family time, just the three of us. We were able to set up Addie's pool and get a couple of other odds and ends done around the house. Oh, and Sabian had Addie choose some flowers for me. Here's a photo recap:




If you're on Facebook you may have already seen these but they are some of my favorites. The flowers Addie chose were so sweet. There's also a rose thrown in there from the roses each mom got at church that morning. And, the photo of Addie with all of the boys was when she decided to walk on over and pay them a visit in the middle of service. Her fan club didn't mind.

I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be a mom, that God saw fit for us to add children to our family. Some days I may not feel so "fit" but I have the comfort of knowing God has given me the tools I need to be a mom. Really, so much of being a parent is outside of ourselves, so much bigger than us. I'm thankful for Sabian, the team that we are, and for Addie - I couldn't have asked for a girl that suits us better than she does.

No comments: