Monday, July 18, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Step 1:
A scoop (or two) of vanilla ice cream

Step 2:
Add coffee (today's flavor is Starbucks Natural Fusions Vanilla)

Step 3:
Voila! Solace/serenity/goodness in a cup!

Plus, cream and sugar built right in.

This was what I was planning on enjoying after I'd finished cleaning the house during Addie's nap. Just as I poured the coffee, guess who woke up? Thankfully, Sabian took Addie outside to "help" him get some measurements so he can start a big project this week...painting the outside of our house.

I've previously posted of my disdain for painting, but I paint anyway. Tackling the outside of a house is new to us - the inside, no problem. I say us but I suppose I really mean Sabian, as he'll be doing the work. I may jump out there to help him if I can, but of course I don't want to speak too soon. My main contribution will be to choose colors. For the most part, that's easy, as we're keeping the house white like it is now, but changing the trim color. We're actually about to head out the door to get the paint so Sabian can start bright and early tomorrow morning. That is, if it doesn't rain.

I guess since this task is ahead of us, er, Sabian, I took advantage of another leisurely morning. If we have any more you might start to think we're not so much leisurely as we are lazy. But, I made up for it this afternoon.

Our library books are due tomorrow so I figured a trip to the library would not only take care of getting our books in on time, but would get us out of the house, too. We were in luck, as we had the whole library to ourselves. Granted, the Wewa library isn't that big so it's not as though that was a huge feat, but it did mean if Addie decided to exercise her vocal chords, as she is known to do loudly, then we were okay. Although, we did have a chat about being quiet before we went into the library. We returned our books, picked out a stack of new ones and Addie returned the stuffed tiger the librarian let her play with without a fuss.

It's always fun to get a fresh supply of borrowed books and to see which ones Addie takes a liking to the most. While we were picking out new books the librarian was shelving the ones we'd just returned. As she put away In the Tall, Tall Grass by Denise Fleming, Addie noticed and yelled out, "Tall, Tall Grass!" I was afraid we'd have a problem but she was fine when I explained we were getting new books to take home. It seems she likes the Denise Fleming books we bring home so I'm taking note of those and others she likes and adding them to a list for future purchase.

By the way, do you know the Elmo Slide? We learned it today...and practiced over and over and over. I have a feeling there's more practicing to be had in our future.

I am thankful for a normal Monday!

No comments: