Thursday, December 23, 2010

All is quiet in CoMo - Chaney Christmas catch up!

While Addie is snoozing I will sneak in a post about what's been going on with us Chaneys the last week.

We are currently in Columbia, MO (hence the CoMo) visiting Sabian's family. I'm hanging out with Addie in our hotel room while she is taking a MUCH needed nap. She's been a bit crabby today and I am hoping she'll wake up a happier girl.

It's always a whirlwind, getting ready for a trip, and no less so when you throw Christmas festivities in the mix. We designated the Friday before we left to be the day we would celebrate our little Chaney Christmas so Thursday night we were busy staging the set up.







You'll notice I look a little crazed in one photo. It's not because I was overwhelmed with what was left to do - all I had to do was wrap presents and as far as trip preparation, at that point I was feeling pretty good about that, too. No, it was probably more so because my stomach was killing me. A certain place I like to eat in town always tears up my stomach...but I keep going back for more. I distinctly remember saying to Sabian that night, "Please remind me of this the next time I want to eat at..." We'll see.

Sabian was putting together Addie's car while I wrapped. You might also catch a glimpse of my advent calendar in the first photo. I decided to tackle making an advent calendar since I wasn't quite finding one I liked and the ones I did like were pretty pricey. It isn't completed and we didn't even start it on time, but we filled it anyway and let Addie go through it the morning of our Christmas. We quickly found out how much our girl loves Laffy Taffy...next year it will be in moderation. This year, I figured a little candy for breakfast was okay.

We had fun opening gifts with Addie. She was fun last year but knows more of what to do this year and she helped us, too. Knowing that ours was just the first of three Christmases we would be participating in, it made me even more excited that we would have more fun with her with our families.













The rest of the weekend was a busy one. Sabian was wrapped up with something our kids were supposed to be part of as Wewa's Christmas celebration. It involved standing outside all day and it just so happened to be a cold, rainy day. Needless to day, it wasn't ideal, but they got through it in time for the evening fun. That night was Wewa's Christmas parade, which, again, Addie was able to enjoy more this year.






You'll have to excuse the poor quality of the photos. I still don't know what setting is best for our camera at night and quite frankly, I just want a new camera. But, this one does for now. Addie ended up with all the beads she could wear and all of the candy she could eat and some weird, naked doll with an afro that the Shriner's handed to her. When the guy gave it to her, you should have seen the look that Sabian and I exchanged.


From there our focus turned to getting through the rest of the weekend and preparing for our trip. Now we are in coooold Missouri and will head to coooold Illinois tomorrow after our Christmas festivities with Sabian's family. Addie is enjoying playing with all of her cousins, so much so that it has been hard to get her to sit down long enough to eat at times. I'm looking forward to spending some time with my family and seeing some friends along the way. I'm just hoping this winter weather they are predicting won't hamper our travel plans. On the plus side, we could have a white Christmas!

This may be my last post before Christmas so...Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing time with your family and friends.

I am thankful!

No comments: