Thursday, January 14, 2010

Busy Bee

Addie is 10 months old. What? Yes, that's right. In just two short months I will have a 1 year old. Cliche, but where has the time gone?

Lately this little girl has been very busy. She's currently perfecting her standing:

And just the other day she was helping Sabian hang some hooks behind our front door:

She's also been working on welcoming two brand new teeth, but no way would I attempt a photo of those right now. We've had some restless nights and some good nights in between, but I just wish they'd hurry up and get here already.

I noticed today how her babbling is turning into more of a real cadence, more like she is "saying" sentences rather than just sounds. I'm also pretty sure she uttered "Dada" under her breath when I got her up this morning, took her into our bedroom and she saw that he wasn't there.

Ooooof, too fast they say, and they're right.

Today I am thankful for the days I have with my girl. Although some days can be challenging, I try to enjoy each short one.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Melissa,

I just read your comment on "full circle" and had to comment and let you know that , yes, indeed the struggle of hitting milestones and keeping them just like they are is tough...and i have found, only gets tougher. The picture i posted of Adali and Jastin was taken around the same age that Addie is now and as i thought back to what she was like then and what she is like now, it is amazing. then, she was a baby, now she is a little person (practically self-sufficient. that being said, enjoy this time with your baby, rock her without feeling guilt because soon it will all be different...and that too we shall embrace.