Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lions, & Tigers, & BEARS (yes, BEARS!), Oh My!

Last night we were headed to the beach to enjoy a free evening, just the three of us. It had been several weeks since we'd made it to the beach, so it was time to go feel the sand between our toes. After we were about five minutes down the road that leads to the beach (takes about 20 minutes from Wewa), this is what happened:


Yes, that is right, we saw a black bear cross the road in front of the car, stop and stare at us, and scamper off into the woods. Right before this happened I had turned around to catch Addie on video, since these days it seems when we get in the car she becomes a chatterbox. A LOUD chatterbox. When Sabian told me to turn around I did what any sane person would do in that situation - I promptly turned the camera...off. Sigh. I promise, we did see it. Up close.

I am thankful that the bear's first reaction was to run away from us.

No comments: