Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Berries & a birthday (and 26 weeks!)

A couple of weeks ago we were finally able to cross off one of our tasks on our Florida to do list - picking our own fruit. I've written before about missing Eckert's, a pick-your-own orchard I grew up going to as a kid. This excursion took us to a strawberry field in Panama City. We'd tried a couple of weeks before to head out there but the weather wasn't cooperating, so when we had a sunny Saturday, we jumped on it.






Starting out, Addie liked picking but then got bored and was content playing in the dirt while Sabian and I finished filling our basket. Then it was all about visiting the animals, including the "cock-a-doodle-doos" as Addie called them.

This past weekend it was time to celebrate Sabian. His birthday was actually last Wednesday, but as I've mentioned before, as a pastor, if a birthday or anniversary lands on a Sunday or a Wednesday, it's pretty much a given that our celebrations take place either before or after the actual day.

Since his birthday was a on a night when we have youth service, Addie and I made a cake to take with us to church so that we could celebrate with all of the kids. I planned our family celebration for the following Friday.

Because the weather in our neck of the woods has been crazy amazing lately, it would have been a shame to waste it, so Friday afternoon we headed to the beach. Addie and Sabian courageously braved the water (which is still a little chilly) while my belly and I stuck safely to the blanket. Later on, Addie and I took Sabian out for dinner and then we took a stroll on down to some of the rides that were near the restaurant where we ate. Sometimes I'm not sure who has more fun on these rides...







26 weeks!

Brave souls.

Whizzing by!
Peeking over the edge.
Tack on to the weekend a fun Saturday morning play date, a wedding that afternoon and church on Sunday and helping with a bridal shower that afternoon, and it was a busy weekend. 

For now, Sabian and Addie are outside enjoying the amazing weather we've been having here in the Panhandle. Our windows have been open the last couple of days and for the most part I've kept our ceiling fans off as it has gotten too chilly in the house. Ahh, it has been wonderful. Now, if only it could stay this way until July, the 27th to be exact.

Since it likely won't stay this beautiful, I'm on my way out to join them.

I am thankful for a fun weekend, awesome weather and the opportunity to celebrate my husband's birthday, a truly special day.

No comments: