Thursday, May 3, 2012

27 weeks & a little bit of life



I took this picture meaning to post it and boast about how awesome our weather had been a little while ago. Yes, had been. A couple of weeks ago it was pretty glorious around these parts. Our windows were flung wide open and we spent plenty of time outside with no fear of over heating. I even allowed myself to day dream about what it would be like if the weather would stay like it was until the end of July.

Of course, I had to snap out of it quickly, almost as quickly as the heat and humidity started making their appearances. To be honest, it hasn't been terrible. I know it will soon be pretty uncomfortable, but so far it hasn't been that bad. But, I am seeing the evidence of summer showing up in the form of bug bites on Addie's legs. The down side is that mosquitoes are here and here to stay for a while. The up side is that so far her bites have not turned into the mammoth bumps they have in times past. Maybe we've turned the corner in this department.

In baby news, tomorrow I will roll over to 28 weeks. Just 12 weeks to go. I had my check up and glucose test this past Tuesday and the baby sounds good. It's a little nutty to think that this month I start my bi-weekly appointments. I've had more energy this week and, thanks to help from my thoughtful husband, our house is clean and even the clean laundry is put away. This is monumental.

One not so great development is sending me back to the doctor this Tuesday to take the three hour glucose test. As a result of my test this week, my glucose levels are elevated so they're sending me back for the longer test. While I'm obviously not excited about having to take this test, I'm not overly worried, either. I'm praying that all will be well and that our baby is safe and sound. I won't lie, when I first got the call I was pretty disappointed, but I can't say I was completely surprised. There have been days when I've wondered if my exhaustion and general not feeling so well was being triggered by something else other than the surge of hormones and other things that go along with being pregnant. Again, I'm just praying and if you will, keep us in your prayers as well!

Later this month, along with the doctor's appointments and general busyness, Addie will be in her first wedding as a flower girl. Allison and Robbie, college students who were a part of our church when we moved here, are getting married. They are high school sweethearts and both ended up spending two years at Central Bible College in Springfield, MO, which also happens to be Sabian's alma mater. They've been integral members of our church and youth group and we are happy to be celebrating with them. As they move on into life together we may not see as much of them as they will be living in Panama City, but we hope to see them as often as possible. I am excited to attend their wedding and can't wait to see Addie represent her flower girl duties.


More busy seasons are upon us and I hope to be able to keep up with documenting it all as much as possible. Still more baby planning to take care of and I am feeling way more unprepared this time around in some ways than I was when I was pregnant with Addie, but I know it will all come together. And this time, I have Addie's "help", right? 


Today I am thankful for what is seemingly going to be a more laid back weekend for us. Unless I've just jinxed it by saying that!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I will definitely be praying for your upcoming test! I can't believe you are so close to baby time already. Miss you bunches!! I loved the update!