Tuesday, May 15, 2012

29 weeks & a happy mother's day indeed

Well, here it is, my last "twenty-something" week of this pregnancy. This Friday I graduate to the 30 week stretch! 

A quick update - my three hour glucose test results came back and I passed. It's been a week since that test and when I didn't hear anything, I took that as good news. Today at my regular appointment it was confirmed that I passed, so things are progressing normally. Baby sister's heart beat sounds good, I'm measuring normal and we'll be back in two weeks to finally get another peek at her.

While I was waiting (and waiting and waiting!) during my glucose test I heard my name called at the end of the hallway by a familiar voice. That voice belonged to Susie, the midwife I saw for the duration of my pregnancy with Addie. She also taught the lamaze class we took. While she is now "retired", she still sees patients a couple of days a week. I've been able to see her once this time around, but it was good to have a quick chat with her while I was waiting. If my test had come back positive and I would have had to go through the dietary class they make you take, I found out that Susie teaches the class. Now, while I didn't want to have to take the class, it would have been made better with her as the teacher. She is a wonderful caregiver and, if I should have to have a C-section this go around, I hope she is able to come alongside us once again.

I hope to soon post a 29 week belly photo, but we'll have to see if it survived the latest Chaney catastrophe. Catastrophe might be a little strong, but with the luck we've been having lately with electronic devices in this household, it shouldn't surprise us.

A few weeks ago our beloved Mac desktop died. It was the first big purchase Sabian and I made a few months after we got married. We just so happened to be in St. Louis on tax-free weekend and figured it was the perfect time to buy a new computer (since we really did need one). That was almost six years ago. It may have been time for it to go, but is it ever really a convenient time for a computer to burn out? We are limping along on our laptop for now. Long ago I wrote about our two cameras. Long story short, my smaller, more portable CyberShot met its demise Sunday afternoon in the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Prayerfully the SD card (which was still dry when Sabian took it out) is still intact, but we'll know more when Sabian tries to retrieve the photos tomorrow. Until then, I have a few grainy iPod photos to help this post along.

Mother's Day smile.
Mother's Day was such a sweet day. We had a great church service and then headed home for lunch and naps for the rainy afternoon. I was really hoping to make it to the beach since we didn't have church service that evening and was happy when the skies cleared and the sun made an appearance. After our naps we packed up and headed for the sands. Addie was so glad to be at the beach and she ran a lot, even for her. When the sun set we grabbed a bite to eat, made our way home, put our tired girl to bed and Sabian and I camped out on the couch to watch the Survivor season finale. I was so thankful to spend a fun day with Sabian and Addie and their sweet cards and gift were just icing on the cake. Not to mention, it was as though Addie knew it was Mother's Day because she behaved so well all day. How did she know?!

I miss my mom on Mother's Day and I will always be thankful that I was able to celebrate my first Mother's Day as a mom with her in Illinois. This year we talked on the phone but it would have been nice to have been with her in person. I hope it won't be too long before we can see family again!

Here are a few photos of my girl to round out this post. A little puddle jumping (favorite activity now whenever it rains), Madsen riding, snoozing and flower (weed!) picking.

I am thankful for being able to celebrate Mother's Day and every day with Sabian and Addie.

No comments: