Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cliche mommy

Well, I've done it, I've become a cliche already.

You know how people talk about the "poor second child" and how there are far less pictures taken of him/her than the firstborn?

Already, that's me. I'm that mommy.

I think we consistently started taking belly shots when I was around 20 weeks pregnant with Addie. We did take a shot a couple of weeks ago when I was 20 weeks, which was this:
 
 Not the most flattering, really, if you ask me, but there it is. We were out at the beach for Addie's birthday and it was just a little windy.

I've also been terrible at chronicling my doctor's visits, how I've been feeling, what's been going on in our lives, etc. Because I have the tendency to be pretty picky regarding just about anything, when I was pregnant with Addie I had to find just the right pregnancy book for recording these things. While I could just get the same one this time around (and I've looked but haven't found it again), I finally realized that the days and weeks are quickly passing and just bought a cute little journal, one that I can hopefully turn into a respectable pregnancy book for this little sister. One that, when she is finally able to read it years from now, won't make her feel slighted for not having a "proper" book.

So, hopefully this is the beginning of a better, non-cliche account of this pregnancy. And, here's to the foresight that I will be much better about these things when she actually gets here. Or, have I forgotten that then I will be sleep-deprived, nursing every few hours and in general just a little stir crazy? Ah, well, we'll see.

I am thankful for our beautiful panhandle weather.

No comments: