Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday, Adelaide!

Today, we celebrated.

Before the day slips away, I just wanted to take a minute to wish my sweet Adelaide a happy birthday in the blogosphere. It will be years before she reads any of this, but that's okay.

I so clearly remember the day we said hello to Addie. Today we remembered the events of the morning she was born and I told her all about going to the hospital and waiting and then having her and what happened afterward. She understood some of it, will understand more as she grows older, but listened to the story quietly until we were finished.

Today we ran up and down the beach, we fed the birds, flew a kite, made a couple of new friends on the beach, took her for pizza for lunch (her request) and had a little present/cupcake celebration later at home. This weekend we will celebrate again with a few friends and more cake.

I love when Addie says, "That's exciting!" when I tell her something she's happy to hear about.

I love when she says, "Hey guys, guys!" when she is trying to get mine and Sabian's attention.

I love her super tight, arms-wrapped-all-the-way-around-my-neck hugs. They've been pretty frequent lately.

I love how her imagination is growing in leaps and bounds.

I love how she loves to be around people and always "wants to say hi."

I love how, today, a little while after opening some clothes from Mimi (my mom), she kept running back to her room, then to the living room wearing a new article of clothing, showing them off to us.

This last one, as cute as it was, hit me with the realization...she's growing up. She is a little girl. She is her own little person. She is uniquely Adelaide and she's growing right before my eyes. I don't want to miss it and I'm so glad I'm sitting on the front row.

Adelaide, I love you and had such a fun day with you. Even on our challenging days I see how you are learning and growing and I am so proud of you. I am so thankful God chose me to be your mommy.

I am so thankful for Addie!

 

No comments: