Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baby Chaney #2

I failed to follow up quickly on my baby gender post, taking for granted that most of my loyal blog readers are also Facebook friends.

For those of you (and I thank you) who may not be my Facebook friends, and for history's sake...

...it's a girl!

We went to the doctor's office still with no gut feeling, but we'd been hearing "It's a boy, I just know it's a boy," from everyone, that it was hard not to lean in that direction. At first the baby wasn't being too cooperative so the ultrasound tech would check other things and then go back to check for a clearer view. This happened a couple of times before it was pretty clear that Addie is going to have a little sister.

A little surprised? Yes. Disappointed? No. We are so excited to welcome another little girl into our family. I'm not sure Addie knew what to think at first but once we told her all of the things she could teach her little sister, she got really excited, and will talk about those things every now and then.

So here we are, in the middle of the name game. Girl names are harder for me. Adelaide was the first and only girl name we had and we decided in the car after her gender ultrasound. We may have come to the same easy conclusion this time around, but we're not 100% yet. We know for sure we want to incorporate Sabian's great grandmother's middle name, but we're working on the first. Stay tuned...

With all of the creative gender reveals that are floating around these days I considered doing one and including it as party of Addie's birthday party this weekend, but trying to keep the secret got the best of us. I'm excited to plan for this little girl.

Addie took some photos in the waiting room that day:


And here she is celebrating with ice cream at Cold Stone. If a little sister means ice cream, I'm pretty sure she'll be okay with it.
 

I am thankful for Sabian and Addie and for this little girl we will meet in a few months!

No comments: