Thursday, September 29, 2011

So long, Summer

I hope my pining for fall hasn't been too tiresome. I write about it on here and mention it from time to time on Facebook, hoping and wishing for cooler temperatures, looking for excuses to burn candles and make soup. Thanks for indulging me!

As of last week, fall is upon us. The calendar tells us this when the elements might show otherwise. The good news is that it is on it's way, no matter when it decides to show up.

There's part of me, aside from the soup making and candle burning, that isn't sad to see summer go. I could say that this summer was a little hard for me.

This summer we spent a lot of time inside. It was hot outside...miserable. I felt a little confined.

This summer I was discouraged, disappointed in people and the lack of commitment shown in certain areas.

This summer I took some time to think about these feelings, where they were coming from, if they were right and what I needed to do to make some changes.

I still feel some frustration and disappointment but I feel that even though I may not be able to fix the situations, I can figure out how I'm going to deal with them. I'm better about asking myself if the frustrations I am feeling are legitimate, or are they Melissa frustrations? If they are simply my frustrations then I need to figure out what I need to do about my position. If they are legitimate frustrations, there may be nothing I can really do to change things, but I realize I am responsible for my reactions.

Of course the summer wasn't all bad. Addie may not yet be in school, but there is still something freeing about summer, even a super hot one.


I am thankful for learning and growing, even in the face of not-so-comfortable situations.

No comments: