Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wiggle Worm

Addie got a new toy last week that features a bar hanging over her with toys dangling from it. We got it so that when she's just hanging out she will have something to look at and it is also supposed to help her strengthen her neck muscles. She does a great job with holding her head up when she is on her tummy (although I'm not sure she's too keen about actually being on her tummy) but this should help her learn how to lift her head while on her back.


Aptly named the "Wiggle Worm," Addie herself is a wiggle worm, always on the move. It is fun to watch her discover the toys and she even got really excited when she saw herself in the mirror. However, as cute as the toys are and as cute as it is to see her playing with the toys, once she gets her legs going, she figures out she can do this:


And so it goes - I put the bar back up, and she knocks it down. I put it up, she knocks it down. I suppose this is the precursor to her sitting in her high chair and throwing her sippy cup/food/toy until someone picks it up. Hmm, we'll see about that!

Today I am thankful for a strong, healthy, silly girl.

1 comment:

Shadair said...

I had the house to my self tonight so I caught up as much as I could on your blogs. So fun. We had such a nice time visiting with you all, only thing the time together wasn't enough.