Sunday, June 19, 2011

Short & sweet

I know it's Father's Day, so I should be blogging about how awesome my husband is at being a dad...that post is coming.

For now, I will quickly mention what a great husband he is and how thoughtful he was on our anniversary last month. He bought me this:


This necklace has been on my etsy favorites list for as long as I can remember. I think I found it shortly after I discovered etsy (about five years ago!) and have followed it since. For our anniversary Sabian wanted to stick to the traditional gift for five years, which is wood. Several months before our anniversary he announced that he had the perfect gift for me and was really excited. I was a little nervous, since we don't usually exchange anniversary gifts and, as great as it was that he had planned so far in advance, I had no idea what I was going to get him. I wanted it to be as special as it seemed his gift to me would be.

It was kind of a big deal when I opened the small, black box and found this necklace in it. It meant he had remembered the necklace from forever ago. And it just so happened to fit right in with the theme of the five year anniversary gift.

I love the necklace and so appreciate the sentiment behind it.

Side note: the designer, Lauren Haupt, is super nice and her shop is full of some other really cool pieces. I'd take one of each!

I am thankful for a thoughtful husband.

No comments: