Thursday, June 9, 2011

5 a.m. wake up call

We're not morning people in our house but apparently, Addie was today.

Every now and then she'll exhibit some weird sleep pattern - waking up during the night and tossing and turning for a couple of hours or, waking up waaaay early, like this morning. I thought for sure, at 5 a.m., she'd fall back asleep. Not so. She did stay in bed until around 7, when Sabian got up with her and let me sleep, but that only lasted for about 20 more minutes.

Sheesh. I see an early nap time in our future.

This has been a week lacking in a lot of things. Namely, motivation. An earlier than normal wake up call doesn't help, either.

One thing I can say is that this week has been a good behavior week. Addie has been sweet and pretty obedient. It dawned on me yesterday that we've had few hairy moments, much unlike the previous couple of weeks.

Since I have no relevant current pictures for this post, here is one from exactly a year ago, doing what she should have been doing at 5 a.m.

 I think we were on our way back to Wewa from Missouri after attending the wedding of one of Sabian's friends. We were just out of town a couple of weeks ago, but this makes me want to go on another trip!

Today I am thankful for a pretty smooth week with Addie. Her sweetness has been a lot of fun.

No comments: