Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fight for Preemies

Today we are fighting for preemies.

If you don't know much about premature births, find out more. I once participated in a March of Dimes walk but was really unaware of all that surrounds preemies until I read of my friend Jamie's experience with her daughter Adali. Simply reading of her experiences in no way gives me any real knowledge of what it is like to fight through their journey, but to see how Adali is growing and learning and thriving is really nothing short of a miracle. God is so good.

I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting this precious little girl, but I hope to one day (and I hope Jamie is okay with me mentioning them in this post). I was trying to decide what to write about today and visited her blog only to learn that November 17 is set aside to fight for these little babies. So, why not join it?

I'm still learning, and in the process I am very thankful for a healthy Addie - her safe arrival and healthy existence is not lost on me. Her safety and health are two great reminders of how I (we) need to look at others who need prayers, help, and if possible, a hug and a few words of encouragement. We may not fully understand the experience, but we can certainly be available to help.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

ahhhh! thank you SO SO SO much melissa for posting about this today! i am overwhelmed by the support of some of the people in our lives and you are certainly one of those special people.

watching adali fight so long to survive was by far the hardest thing i have ever gone through in life and i am SO determined to make sure that you and other families never have to know what it is like! consider it a promise!

i can't wait to meet the sabian and addie! soon...