Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hello, Beach

After our adventures to other places while on vacation we decided it was time to revisit a favorite destination closer to home. We were out running errands on Thursday and took the long way home so that we could stop by the beach. It was a beautiful day.

On the way to the beach I turned around in my seat to catch Addie doing this:

I get the feeling she thinks she is ready for a forward-facing seat. I think I'd get bored looking at the back of a seat, too.

I complain about the heat that we're experiencing here because I long for the change of the seasons - it is one of the things I miss most about living in the Midwest. While on vacation it was so nice to see the colorful leaves and to feel the cool breezes and to wear hoodies! But, being on the beach for that little bit the other day, it sure was nice outside, feeling the warm sun on our cheeks and being able to enjoy it given that it is almost November. I think one of the reasons I have been complaining about the heat lately is because it is a little too warm for this time of year - even the weather people are saying so. See, I am justified...

We took a little walk and met up with a fisherman, who pulled this out of the water:

I've never seen a stingray this big on the beach. But, despite this occurrence, Addie was more interested in watching the birds. Gee, I wonder who she gets that from.

Check out all of her hair, blowing in the wind!

So here we are, getting resettled in Wewa and preparing for a busy couple of months. I am thankful we have moments when we can just enjoy the sand between our toes and feeling the waves crash against our legs. Right now it really is one of those little things that we can appreciate.

No comments: