Monday, October 12, 2009

All About Addie

These days Addie is a ton of fun. Well, maybe not a ton, more like 15 pounds of fun. Here's a bit about her.

We visited the doctor last week for her six month check up. We were a few weeks late in doing so, as she is SEVEN months old today (!), but we got in, talked to the doctor, asked a bunch of questions, and couldn't leave without a couple of shots. She did really well with her shots, crying a little during the process but done before we hit the lobby. She's 28 inches long and weighs 15 pounds, 15 ounces. Her weight concerned me just a little since she has only gained about a pound since her last appointment at four months, but the doctor did not seem to be worried. She is our little grasshopper!

Sitting up is the name of the game lately. Addie has been working on it for a few weeks, and really got it while we were in Illinois. Since we have been back from our trip she's been doing really well. She still topples over from time to time, like last week when I heard a loud "thunk" during my mom's group from the nursery across the hall and it was her head. I know it happens and will happen, but that sound still resounds in my head!

Addie is also sporting a mosquito bite under her eye. I have no pictures of it, but this weekend when we took her to the park for a swing and a walk, the varmint did his duty before Sabian had a chance to knock it off. The next morning she woke up with a big, red bump under her eye. Poor girl.

We're also in the midst of teething. Last week she was a bit fussier than usual and when I stuch my finger in her mouth I felt them - two sharp, protruding points sticking through her little gums. We really only had a couple of off nights; since then she seems to be doing pretty well.

She's still sweet as can be and moving all the time and we are enjoying her.

I am thankful for a sweet girl!

No comments: