Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday night lights

It's Friday night and once again I am at home on my own

It's feeling more like football weather around here. This week we've had windows open to let in the cool breezes and spent some time outside enjoying the cooler temperatures. I am so thankful. 


I guess I've been in a bit of a blogging slump lately. Life has certainly been chugging along - making lists, checking them twice in preparation for the holidays, following through with promised get togethers and the everyday of the every day. I just haven't felt much like sitting down and writing. Scratch that - I want to write, I miss writing when I don't do it. Frankly, I think there's just more on my mind and heart than I'm willing to write about. At the moment, anyway. I don't say this to bait you, it's just where I am and I suppose I have been here for a while. I trust it is a time of growth and learning on my part. It's uncomfortable, unsettling and not exactly where my plan-ahead-want-to-know-what's-coming self wants to be, but I think that means I'm just where I need to be, which is to be leaning completely on my Savior, trusting in His provision and the love and grace he offers me and my little family.

At the moment, the house feels super cozy with my pumpkin spice candle burning and I can hear the loud speaker from the football game at the high school not too far away. Nothing in Wewa is too far away ;)


Speaking of pumpkin, I love this time of year and the pumpkin-y treats that I now feel justified to eat and make. Last weekend I finally tracked down Target's Archer Farms brand of pumpkin yogurt. It was on sale the week before but my three trips to Target that week yielded no pumpkin yogurt - sold out every time. We were in Panama City Beach last weekend having dinner with friends (see the above, following through with a long over due get together!) and I stopped in the Target out there and lo and behold, they had pumpkin yogurt!

I was a tad disappointed in it - the pumpkin flavor is a lot stronger than I'd expected, but it's still good. I think adding some vanilla yogurt to it might tone down some of its' spicy flavor and I added granola, which helped, too. 


Last week I also had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season and a few days later tried the salted caramel mocha at Starbucks with my free birthday drink coupon. I think the mocha may be my new seasonal favorite, but the pumpkin spice is always a good, comforting seasonal staple.

I'm excitedly anticipating Thanksgiving and Christmas - I think they are going to be a lot of fun this year. As Addie gets older and understands more, she causes me to be more excited (and prepared!). I'm trying to be diligent about getting things together as far as gifts and cards and what to make to hand out to friends here. It's fun to think about, I'm just ready to start crossing things off my list!


I suspect I will soon see a red-nosed, cheeks flushed little girl bounding through my door, so I'm off.


For those of you who read this regularly, I am thankful for you and your prayers for the three of us!

No comments: