Monday, May 2, 2011

Let the May-hem begin

As much as it may not seem like it, I really do dislike leaving up a stale blog.


In the midst of the busyness we've encountered lately, a new runny little nose and the start of a new month that really will be mayhemish, I realized I haven't posted about Easter. How could I forget about Easter?

Immersed in church as we are, sometimes the significance of certain things can escape me. I don't overlook the significance of Easter and what it means, but I think sometimes I get wrapped up in the busyness and business of the season that I fail to let its significance get to me. It was nice, this year, to spend just a little time reflecting on Christ and what He gave for us and the hope that lies in that gift. I am so thankful for it.

I am also thankful for the day we were able to spend with some friends from church and their family, including Addie's betrothed, Carson. We were invited to spend Easter afternoon with them for lunch and an egg hunt. 

This wasn't just any egg hunt.

Children and adults alike searched for many, many well hidden eggs that jingled with money! This was a serious, no mercy hunt and it was so much fun. We really enjoyed relaxing with our friends and watching Addie hunt eggs and chase bubbles. This girl likes her bubbles and thanks to this Easter outing, we now own one of the best bubble blowers ever. We witnessed it while we were all playing and hunting and I had to go out and get one for Addie. I'll look it up and post the information later, but if you know a little someone who likes bubbles, you must own one of these bubble blowers!













 So, that was Easter and now we move on into May, which means graduations, birthday parties, miscellany and a trip HOME at the end of the month. I'm so ready.

I'm thankful for Adelaide. Even with a runny nose, she is so much fun.

No comments: