Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mixed Bag

Is it really Thursday already? There are weeks that I wonder how much longer it can feel and others that speed by, like this one. We haven't been doing too much of note, but it seems to have moved right along.

One last note from the past weekend - after a busy Friday and Saturday we had a somewhat leisurely Sunday. It was Pastor Appreciation Day so I did not have to cook due to a church lunch after Sunday morning service AND we had no service that night. If you know me or have read this blog for any length of time, you know how I feel about no Sunday night service. (!!!!!)

That afternoon we were invited to a birthday party luau, where Addie wowed the crowd with her limbo skills. Unfortunately, due to a sudden rainstorm, the party was moved from a park to the church, but all the kids still seemed to have a good time.


We then went home, ate bbq leftovers from the party (again, no cooking!) and enjoyed a night off.

This week we resumed our "normal" activities. I don't think I ever thought my normal routine would involve visiting goats on a regular basis.



















We're on the threshold of another busy weekend. And, in talking to Sabian this morning, next week is a packed week. I don't want to think about next week yet! The silver lining in all of this busyness is that we are planning a vacation for next month. By the time it rolls around I do believe we will be ready to get out of town!

I am thankful for the cool breeze we had yesterday, which made playing outside bearable.

1 comment:

Zac Smith said...

I never get tired of reading about the adventures of Addie! lol

p.s., what you said about goats being a part of your normal routine made me bust out laughing in this quiet building with a few other people. That's such a true statement, though! Who knows where God will take us in a matter of five to ten years. Goats on a regular basis?