Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Single Life

(The Chaneys, circa 2008, in Lafayette Square right before we moved.)

Every year, around this time, I become single.

Sabian left for youth camp with a bus load of campers on Monday morning and they'll return sometime Friday afternoon. Due to some unexpected events (which I am still debating posting about) I got to see him again later Monday afternoon. I, along with Addie, was able to see him tonight, too. We canceled youth service so that whoever wanted to head to camp just for tonight's service would be free to do so. Addie was super happy to see her Daddy again and may again wonder where he is tomorrow morning. But, the good thing is that we have just a day and a half to go before he is home.

In the meantime, I have help! Our friend Rachel arrived yesterday from Illinois to hang out with Addie and I this week. It is wonderful to have her here and she is such a help with Addie. Considering Addie cries every time someone leaves after being at the house, she's always happy when someone new is around. Makes me feel great, eh?

What a week it has been thus far. Like I said, I'm still debating on whether or not I'll tell the full story but what I can say now is that I am exhausted. I think it is a good exhausted. So, why then, you ask, am I still up at 12:30? I felt I needed to post and I did miss posting. Even if no one ever reads this it was time to get something on here.

So, now that there is something on here, I'm going to bed. I am thankful for Rachel! She's been great and we've had a good time together so far. I'm looking forward to the next few days we have together.

3 comments:

elise said...

awe:O(
i always read, just don't always have time to comment:O)
and now you have me curious!!
glad you have more company and glad hubs come home soon:O)

Shadair said...

I Love reading our blogs. don't ever stop...You know what my dream is for you;)

Shadair said...

Oops that's suppose to say your blogs...sometimes the eyes just don't catch everything. LOL