Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

I'll admit it - I've been bummed this weekend. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to be with Sabian and Addie, but the weekend hasn't quite turned out to be what I thought it was going to be. So, I've indulged some melancholy feelings here and there. Well, more here than there, but that's beside the point.

Instead of writing about all of that, I'll post some photos from our fireworks fun last night. Wewa does know how to do holidays right so we headed to the park to watch their fireworks production and met up with some friends on the way out. When we went last year Addie was not quite four months old but she didn't flinch even as we stood directly under the display. This year she could appreciate them more and she liked them although toward the end she did have her fingers in her ears. And, despite my efforts to make sure the bugs stayed away one found an Off-free spot on her ear, which is now red and swollen. I guess it is time to invest in a beekeepers outfit for my girl.

Happy 4th! Hope you're enjoying the weekend.





2 comments:

elise said...

awe:O)
she and Emory have the same "oooooo" face- Love it!

Melissa said...

Again, totally convinced our girls would be buds!