Friday, January 16, 2009

Frankly, my dear...

Sixteen days into the new year and this is my first post. Technically, second, I suppose. Just goes to show how time can fly. While the first few days of the new year started out slowly and in a semi-relaxed state, the days quickly got busier and busier and before I knew it, two weeks had passed.

The short version, in no particular order:
Inaugural youth service of the new year
Addie, heels over head
That new carpet smell
The end of painting...for now
Hee, hee, whoooo
Chilly Illinois
Canine relocation
Toes: missing

I'll start with a couple and as the days progress we'll get to some others.

It is always exciting to start a new year with a youth group. While I may not be one for New Year's resolutions, there is something decidedly "fresh" about a new year and a new year with our group is especially significant to us, I guess, because in 2009 we'll mark a year of being in Wewa. Already. Hard to believe. We had a good first youth service and we're looking forward to Sabian's annual "State of the Youth Address" the last Wednesday of this month. I am excited for our relationships to grow with the kids and I'm praying to grow to know some of these girls better and better. We also anticipate our striving to live out James 1:27 as a group.

In my last post I mentioned we'd had a doctor's appointment and even showed some new pictures of Addie. As it turns out, she's currently residing in the Frank Breech position, which gives her great access to hanging on to her toes, but puts her out of game day position. We had another doctor's visit today and she looks and sounds great, but continues to stubbornly kick up her heels in the wrong direction. While we do have a few weeks for her to turn, and have learned that 95% of babies do, I'm looking at ways to "help" her as well as continuing to pray that she'll flip. We were able to catch a glimpse of her on the portable ultrasound machine and caught her sucking her thumb. Seems she could be taking after a couple of her cousins, which is just fine by me.

No comments: