Friday, April 24, 2009

Lake Chaney

A couple of weeks ago we received quite a bit of rain. When it rains around here, it floods. It can be a bit sad, as some people really receive a beating if they live close to the river, but whether or not you live close to a water source when it rains as much as it did, the water comes to you. Check out our front lawn:





It didn't just rain cats and dogs, it poured down rhinos and hippos. In the past I know certain students who have taken advantage of the sudden lake and skim boarded across the yard. It was tempting.

A disclaimer to my last post. I mentioned that Addie wasn't much of a crier, which is true, but that's not to say that she doesn't cry. She does, and she has her moments, as any baby does, but generally she does pretty well and is consolable when she is fussy. She can also be distracted, as we have found out, by certain things.


I do hope she enjoys reading as I did when I was a kid and as her dad does now. I do like to read now, I just don't have as much time. However, since moving to Wewa I have been able to read a little more.

Just one more picture. A shot of me and my girl enjoying the weather on Easter. Now that we have "clearance" to get out and get some exercise, I look forward to taking her on some walks. I'm hoping to get her to the beach this weekend!

Today I am thankful that we don't have to wait too much longer before we're able to make a trip home.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

*love* your skirt! Jason's first comment when he saw the pics of your "lake", "Man, we should have gone over there to skim!"